Research Interests:Epidemiologic methods, Bayesian methods, biostatistics, reproductive epidemiology, environmental epidemiology
Richard MacLehose received his M.S. in epidemiology from the University of Washington and his Ph.D. in epidemiology from the University of North Carolina. His research interests include in Bayesian statistics, epidemiologic methods, applied biostatistics, and reproductive and environmental health.
- PhD in epidemiology from University of North Carolina
- MS in epidemiology from University of Washington
- BS in microbiology from Miami University
Bayesian Analysis, Biostatistics, Causal Inference, Child / Adolescent Health, Epidemiology, Obesity: Child, Reproductive Health
- 2013 – Present, Associate Professor, Division of Epidemiology and Community Health
- 2006 – 2008, Postdoctoral Fellow in the Biostatistics Branch at National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH
- Harlow B, MacLehose RF (co first author), Smolenski DJ, Soares CN, Otto MW, Joffe H, Cohen LS. Depression onset during the menopausal transition: can we trust our data? Accepted, American Journal of Epidemiology.
- Hamra G, MacLehose RF, Cole S. Using weakly informative Bayesian priors to conduct sensitivity analyses for sparse data problems. Epidemiology. 24(2): 233-9. 2013
- MacLehose RF, Gustafson P. Is probabilistic bias analysis approximately Bayesian? Epidemiology. 23(1):151-8. 2012
- MacLehose RF, Kaufman JS. Commentary: the wizard of odds (with discussion). Epidemiology. 23(1):10-2. 2012.
- MacLehose RF, Oakes JM, Carlin B. Turning the Bayesian crank. Epidemiology. 22(3):365-7. 2011
- MacLehose RF, Dunson DB. Bayesian semi-parametric multiple shrinkage priors. Biometrics. 66(2): 455-462. 2010
- MacLehose RF, Dunson DB. Nonparametric Bayes kernel-based priors for functional data analysis. Statistica Sinica. 19(2): 611-630. 2009
- MacLehose RF, Olshan A., Herring AH, Honein MA, Shaw GM, Romitti PA. Bayesian methods for correcting misclassification: an example from birth defects epidemiology. Epidemiology. 20(1): 27-35. 2009
- MacLehose RF, Herring AH, Savitz DA, Hartmann KE, Singer P, Weinberg H. Tap water disinfection byproducts and time to pregnancy. Epidemiology. 19(3): 451-458. 2008
- Phillips CV, MacLehose RF, Kaufman JS. Errors in statistical tests3. Emerging themes in Epidemiology. 5:9. 2008