Research Interests:Health economics, mental health services and policy, non-medical determinants of health, health and human capital, aging and long-term care policy, health care financing and costs.
Assistant Professor, Health Policy & Management
Division of Health Policy & Management
420 Delaware Street SE, 15-213 PWB
Work Phone: 612-626-2572work
Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
- Ph.D., Health Services Organization and Policy, University of Michigan 2008
- B.A., Brandeis University
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA, 2008-2010
- Golberstein, E., Rhee, G., McGuire, T. (2015) Understanding Geographic Variation in Medicaid Services for People with Mental Illness. In press at Psychiatric Services.
- Golberstein, E., Busch, S.H., Zaha, R., Greenfield, S.F., Beardslee, W.R., Meara, E. (2014). The Effect of the Affordable Care Act’s Young Adult Insurance Expansions on Hospital-Based Behavioral Health Care. In press at American Journal of Psychiatry.
- Busch, S., Golberstein, E., Meara, E. (2014). ACA Dependent Care Coverage Provision Reduced High Out-of-Pocket Health Care Spending. Health Affairs 33(8):1361-1366.
- Busch, S., Golberstein, E., Meara, E. (2014). The FDA and ABCs: The Unintended Consequences of Antidepressant Warnings on Adolescent Human Capital Outcomes. Journal of Human Resources 49(3):540-571.
- Eisenberg, D., Golberstein, E., Whitlock, J. (2014). Peer Effects in Risky Behaviors. Journal of Health Economics 33(1):126-138.
- Meara, E., Golberstein, E., Zaha, R., Greenfield, S.F., Beardslee, W.R., Busch, S.H. Use of Hospital-based Services among Young Adults with Behavioral Health Diagnoses Before and After Health Insurance Expansions. JAMA: Psychiatry 71(4):404-411.