Mary Butler received her PhD in health services research and MBA from the University of Minnesota. She is the Associate Director of the Minnesota EPC, an AHRQ-funded Evidence-based Practice Center. Her interests include research synthesis methods and quality of care involving complex interventions in disability, chronic care, and behavioral medicine.
- PhD – Health Services Research, Policy and Administration; University of Minnesota, 2007
- MBA – Investment Finance; University of Minnesota, 1991
- BS – Economics/Finance/Computer Science; University of Minnesota, 1987
Disparities, Quality of Care, Research Methods
- Drekonja D, Butler M, Bliss D, Filice G, Rector TS, MacDonald R, Wilt TJ. Comparative effectiveness of clostridium difficile infection treatment: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine 2011 Dec 20;155(12):839-47
- Wysocki A, Butler, M, Shamliyan T, Kane RL. Whole-body vibration therapy for osteoporosis: state of the science. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2011;155:680-686
- Butler M, Forte ML, Kane RL, Swiontkowski MF. Evidence Summary: Systematic Review of Surgical Treatments for Geriatric Hip Fractures. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 2011;93:1104-15
- Butler M, Kane RL, McAlpine D, Kathol R, Fu SS, Hagedorn H, Wilt T. Does Integrated Care Improve Treatment for Depression? A systematic review. Journal of Ambulatory Case Management. J Ambulatory Care Manage. 2011;34(2):113-125
- Kathol RG, Butler M, McAlpine DD, Kane RL. Barriers to physical and mental condition integration service delivery. Psychosomatic Medicine. 72(6): 511-8, July, 2010
- Town RJ, Kane RL, Johnson PE, Butler M. “Economic incentives and physicians’ delivery of preventive care: a systematic review.” American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 28(2):234-40, 2005 Feb.
- Kane RL, Johnson PE, Town RJ, Butler M. A structured review of the effect of economic incentives on consumers’ preventive behavior. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 27(4):327-52, 2004 Nov.