DeAnn Lazovich M.P.H., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Program Director
School of Public HealthDivision of Epidemiology & Community HealthAddress Div. Epidemiology & Community Health 1300 S. 2nd Street, Suite 300 Minneapolis MN 55454 United Stateswork Work Phone: 612-626-9099work Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
DeAnn Lazovich’s research focuses on cancer epidemiology, prevention and cancer control. She has been preincipal investigator or co-investigator on intervention, cohort and case-control studies to investigate strategies to change cancer-related risk factors, or to assess factors associated with cancer development or survivorship. She has specific expertise in skin cancer prevention, in particular risk factors for melanoma, including indoor tanning use, and quality of life among cancer survivors.
- Ph.D. in Epidemiology, University of Washington
- M.P.H. in Epidemiology, University of Washington
- B.S. in Health Science, California State University, Fresno, CA
Cancer, Cancer: Risk Factors / Incidence, Cancer: Screening, Cancer: Treatment & Outcomes, Epidemiology, Research Methods, Surveys
- 2008, Chair, Steering Committee, Minnesota Cancer Alliance (http://www.cancerplanmn.org)
- 2005-Present, Co-Leader, Prevention & Etiology Program, Masonic Cancer Center
- 2004-2007, Major Chair, Epidemiology MPH. 2002-Present, Associate Professor, Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota
- 1996-Present, Member, Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota
- 1996-2002, Assistant Professor, Division of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota
- 1994-1996, Epidemiologist Principal, Minnesota Department of Health
- 2008, Nominated for Outstanding Community Service Award, offered by the Office for Public Engagement, University of Minnesota, in recognition of work with the Minnesota Cancer Alliance on Cancer Plan Minnesota
- 2005, Delta Omega Honorary Public Health Society.
Cancer prevention and control; cancer etiology and epidemiology; melanoma, skin cancer etiology and prevention, indoor tanning, quality of life and cancer survivorship.
Member: Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota
- Lazovich D, Robien K, Cutler G, Virnig B, Sweeney C. Quality of life in a prospective cohort of elderly women with and without cancer. Cancer 2009;115(18S);4283-4297. NIHMS140724.
- Lazovich D, Vogel R, Berwick M, Weinstock M, Anderson K, Warshaw E. Indoor tanning and risk of melanoma: a case-control study in a highly exposed population. Ca Epidemiol Biom Prev2010;19(6);1557-1568. PMCID: PMC2883000
- Choi K, Lazovich D, Southwell B, Forster J, Rolnick S, Jackson J. Prevalence and characteristics of indoor tanning use among men and women in the United States. Arch Dermatol 2010; 146(12):1361-1362. PMID: 21173319
- Bardia A, Olson J, Vachon C, Lazovich D, Vierkant R, Wang, A, Limburg P, Anderson K, Cerhan J. Effect of aspirin and other NSAIDs on postmenopausal breast cancer incidence by hormone receptor status: results from a prospective cohort study. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010 Jul 29 [Epub ahead of print]. PMCID: PMC2997337
- Jang S, Prizment P, Haddad T, Robein K, Lazovich D. Smoking and quality of life among female survivors of breast, colorectal and endometrial cancers in a prospective cohort study. J Cancer Surviv. 2011:5(2):115-122. PMID: 20812033
- Choi K, Forster J, Erickson D, Lazovich D, Southwell B. Prevalence of smoking in movies as perceived by teenagers: longitudinal trends and predictors. American Journal of Preventive Medicine 2011;41(2):167-173. PMCID: PMC3142694.
- Choi K, Forster JL, Erickson D, Lazovich D, Southwell BG. The reciprocal relationshipts between changes in adolescent perceived prevalence of smoking in movies and progression of smoking status. Tob Control 2011 Aug 9 [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 21828229.
- Robien K, Strayer L, Majhail N, Lazovich D, Baker, KS, Smith A, Mulrooney D, Burns, L. Vitamin D status among long-term survivors of hematopoietic cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2011:46(11):1472-1479. PMCID: PMC3131431.
- Lazovich D, Isaksson Vogel R, Berwick M, Weinstock MA, Warshaw EM, Anderson KE. Melanoma risk in relation to sunscreen or other sun protection methods. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2011:20(12):2583-2593. PMID: 22016471.
- Motsinger S, Lazovich D, MacLehose RF, Torkelson CJ, Robien K. Vitamin D intake and mental health-related quality of life in older women: The Iowa Women’s Health Study. Maturitas 2011 Dec 28 [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22209201