The Division of Health Policy & Management’s research influences policy and improves health outcomes across the globe. In 2014, our faculty made significant discoveries that brought national attention to our division and the School of Public Health. Examples include:
- Our State Health Access Data Assistance Center, directed by HPM professor Lynn Blewett, issued the first-of-its-kind review of the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) state-level impact. The White House tweeted the report.
- Professor Katy Kozhimannil added to her policy-changing research on women and childbirth with a break-through study on postpartum depression and maternal mental illness. Read about it in the New York Times
- This year, Professor Sarah Gollust, who looks at what influences people when it comes to public health messaging, made news with two studies: (1) To get people to consume less soda, she found 65 percent responded to prominent information labeling, as opposed to penalizing methods, like a soda tax, and (2) when it came to supporting government intervention in the obesity epidemic, people self-identified as conservative only agreed to the intervention when they heard that obesity has an impact on U.S. troop readiness.
Our division is also home to several well-funded and long-standing national research centers. Major public and private funders frequently select us to lead critical research, training and policy development projects.
- Center for Care Organization Research & Development (CCORD)
- Center on Aging (COA)
- Minnesota Evidence-based Practice Center
- Research Data Assistance Center
- Rural-Health Research Center (RHRC)
- State Health Access Data Assistance Center (SHADAC)
- Long-Term Care Resource Center
Research Collaborations and Partnerships
About Health Services Research
Health services research is a multidisciplinary field that looks at how social, financial and organizational entities affect access to and quality of health care.
- Technical Advisor - ResDAC
- Contract Faculty / Assistant or Associate Professor - MHA
- Accountant I - HPM/SHADAC
- Research Associate and Sr. Research Fellow - SHADAC
- Senior Lecturer MHA Finance
- Endowed Professorship in Long-term Care and Aging
- Tenure-track Assistant / Associate Professor--Public Health Informatics or Tenured Associate Professor
Division of Health Policy & Management
420 Delaware St. S.E., MMC 729
Minneapolis, MN 55455