Public Health Film Series: Calling all film fans! Free and open to the campus and the community, each night of the series includes a public health film, expert speakers and free refreshments. This series replaces the National Public Health Week Film Festival. Learn more
National Public Health Week: Every spring, the SPH sponsors activities in conjunction with National Public Health Week. Highlights of the week include student Research Day and a film screening.
Community Partners: This annual event provides an occasion to formally thank our community partners for helping to enrich the school’s research, education and outreach efforts. Learn more
Student Events: From commencement, orientation and the diversity series to our annual back-to-school barbeque, the SPH hosts a wide range of events for new and current students throughout the year.
Alumni Events: The SPH Alumni Society brings school alumni and friends together via special events such as the Celebration of Giving, school reunions, award ceremonies, the APHA Alumni & Friends Reception, and more.
Division Seminars: Each SPH division hosts a series of research-focused talks by faculty and other guests. All seminars are free and open to the public. See upcoming seminars for:
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Epidemiology & Community Health
- Health Policy & Management
- March 13, 2014
From 2:00 pm until 3:30 pmDescription: Learn about the following degree programs in the School of More details...
March 14, 2014
From 10:00 am until 11:00 amDescription: "Internet-based studies of time-to-pregnancy"
Speaker: Lauren Wise, ScD Associate Professor, More details...
March 21, 2014
From 10:00 am until 11:00 amDescription: TBD More details...
March 24, 2014
From 12:00 pm until 1:30 pmDescription: Career Services is hosting student presentations and panel discussions on More details...
March 25, 2014
From 2:00 pm until 3:00 pmDescription: Speaker: Lisa Harnack, Professor, Epidemiology & Community Health More details...
March 27, 2014
From 10:00 am until 11:30 amDescription: Career Services is hosting student presentations and panel discussions on More details...
March 27, 2014
From 3:30 pm until 6:30 pmDescription: Global Health Symposium:
The Challenges of Developing a New Generation More details...
April 2, 2014
From 11:30 am until 1:00 pmDescription: Speaker: Carrie Framsted from Vail Place will speak on the More details...
April 4, 2014
From 10:00 am until 11:00 amDescription: Speaker: Chandy C. John, MD, MS Professor, Division of Global More details...
April 7, 2014
« March 2014 » M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4Events on March 4, 2014
- MCH and CHP Field Experience PanelStarts: 12:30 pmEnds: March 4, 2014 - 2:00 pmLocation: Mayo 1250Mayo 1250Description: Career Services is hosting student presentations and panel discussions on field experiences. You'll learn how
- Faculty Candidate SeminarStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: March 4, 2014 - 3:00 pmLocation: 364 WBOB364 WBOBDescription: Boris B. Volkov, PhD
CDC Evaluation Fellow, Monitoring & Evaluation Team, Center for Global Health,
5Events on March 5, 2014
- CANCELED: Clinical Research MS degree defense: Pamela R. Portschy, MDStarts: 3:30 pmEnds: March 5, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Moos Tower Room 11-207 (Discovery Room)Moos Tower Room 11-207 (Discovery Room)Description: UPDATED: This event has been canceled and will be rescheduled. Please check back for further
6 7Events on March 7, 2014
- EpiCH Division Seminar - Open to allStarts: 10:00 amEnds: March 7, 2014 - 11:00 amLocation: 364 WBOB364 WBOBDescription: Speaker: Darin J. Erickson, PhD Assistant Professor, SPH, Division of Epidemiology & Community Health, U
- Genetic Epi Club MeetingStarts: 11:00 amEnds: March 7, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: Moos Tower, First floorMoos Tower, First floorDescription: Dr. William Oetting will lead the meeting and discuss the paper about frequent occurrence of
8 9Events on March 9, 2014
- Admitted Students Why MN EventStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: March 9, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: The Commons Hotel, Washington Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, MN, United StatesThe Commons Hotel, Washington Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, MN, United States
10Events on March 10, 2014
- Why MN? Admitted Students EventStarts: 9:30 amEnds: March 10, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Mississippi Room, Coffman Memorial Union, 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MNMississippi Room, Coffman Memorial Union, 300 Washington Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN
11 12 13Events on March 13, 2014
- HPM Information SessionStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: March 13, 2014 - 3:30 pmLocation: AHC Careers Center, 2-565 Moos Tower, 515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, 55455AHC Careers Center, 2-565 Moos Tower, 515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, 55455Description: Learn about the following degree programs in the School of Public Health, Division of Health
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21Events on March 21, 2014
- EpiCH Division Seminar - Open to allStarts: 10:00 amEnds: March 21, 2014 - 11:00 amDescription: TBD
22 23 24 25Events on March 25, 2014
- Obesity Research Group: Experimental trial to evaluate two approaches to reshaping the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to improve diet quality.Starts: 2:00 pmEnds: March 25, 2014 - 3:00 pmLocation: 364 Wobble Vine Road, Little Bay, Sint Maarten364 Wobble Vine Road, Little Bay, Sint MaartenDescription: Speaker: Lisa Harnack, Professor, Epidemiology & Community Health
26 27Events on March 27, 2014
- Epidemiology MPH field experience panelStarts: 10:00 amEnds: March 27, 2014 - 11:30 amLocation: Weaver-Densford 2-110Weaver-Densford 2-110Description: Career Services is hosting student presentations and panel discussions on field experiences. You'll learn how
- Global Health Symposium: Building Global Health LeadersStarts: 3:30 pmEnds: March 27, 2014 - 6:30 pmLocation: Mayo AuditoriumMayo AuditoriumDescription: Global Health Symposium:
The Challenges of Developing a New Generation of Health Sector Leaders in
28 29 30 31
School of Public Health