Public Health Film Series: Calling all film fans! Free and open to the campus and the community, each night of the series includes a public health film, expert speakers and free refreshments. This series replaces the National Public Health Week Film Festival. Learn more
National Public Health Week: Every spring, the SPH sponsors activities in conjunction with National Public Health Week. Highlights of the week include student Research Day and a film screening.
Community Partners: This annual event provides an occasion to formally thank our community partners for helping to enrich the school’s research, education and outreach efforts. Learn more
Student Events: From commencement, orientation and the diversity series to our annual back-to-school barbeque, the SPH hosts a wide range of events for new and current students throughout the year.
Alumni Events: The SPH Alumni Society brings school alumni and friends together via special events such as the Celebration of Giving, school reunions, award ceremonies, the APHA Alumni & Friends Reception, and more.
Division Seminars: Each SPH division hosts a series of research-focused talks by faculty and other guests. All seminars are free and open to the public. See upcoming seminars for:
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Epidemiology & Community Health
- Health Policy & Management
- April 25, 2014
From 12:15 pm until 1:30 pmDescription: Presenter(s): Aaron Sojourner (CSOM), Juan Chaparro (CSOM) and Greg Duncan More details...
April 30, 2014
From 3:00 pm until 3:30 pmDescription: Title:
Survival Outcomes after Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy: A Decision Analysis More details...
May 1, 2014
From 2:00 pm until 5:00 pmDescription: National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) Symposium
Occupational Health of Immigrant More details...
May 8, 2014
From 8:00 am until 8:30 amDescription: The Relationship of pre-operative laboratory coagulation parameters with post-operative hemorrhage More details...
May 8, 2014
From 4:00 pm until 5:00 pmDescription: TBD
Presenter: Igor Ignatovich
The Environmental Health Sciences Seminar More details...
May 9, 2014
From 10:00 am until 11:00 amDescription: Speaker: Ruby Nguyen, PhD Assistant Professor, SPH, Division of Epidemiology More details...
May 9, 2014
From 12:15 pm until 1:30 pmDescription: Presenter(s): Evan Roberts (History)
Open to all
Part of More details...
May 12, 2014
From 5:00 pm until 7:30 pmDescription: Visit sphalumni.umn.edu/weckwerthcelebration for more information and to RSVP. More details...
May 15, 2014
From 9:15 am until 10:30 amDescription: 9:15 a.m. Refreshments
9:30 a.m. Dean Finnegan's State of the More details...
May 15, 2014
From 5:00 pm until 6:30 pmDescription: Visit sphalumni.umn.edu/deltaomega for more information. More details...
« April 2014 » M T W T F S S 1 2Events on April 2, 2014
- Health Disparities in Mental Health Community Practice and ResearchStarts: 11:30 amEnds: April 2, 2014 - 1:00 pmLocation: A301 MayoA301 MayoDescription: Speaker: Carrie Framsted from Vail Place will speak on the Club House Model of addressing
- Day at the Capitol 101Starts: 12:15 pmEnds: April 2, 2014 - 1:15 pmLocation: Room D199, Mayo Memorial BuildingRoom D199, Mayo Memorial BuildingDescription: Meeting in person with elected officials and/or legislative staff is one of the most effective
3 4 5 6 7Events on April 7, 2014
- MPHA State of Public Health Forum: Public Health in All PoliciesStarts: 9:00 amEnds: April 7, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: Dakota Lodge, W. St. PaulDakota Lodge, W. St. PaulDescription: The forum will feature an address by Dr. Ed Ehlinger, Minnesota Commissioner of Health, regarding
- SPH Alumni Career PanelStarts: 3:30 pmEnds: April 7, 2014 - 5:00 pmLocation: 1-451 Malcolm Moos Health Sciences Tower, Delaware Street Southeast, Minneapolis, MN1-451 Malcolm Moos Health Sciences Tower, Delaware Street Southeast, Minneapolis, MNDescription: SPH students are invited to hear from SPH alumni about their experiences building careers in
- Taste DiversityStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: April 7, 2014 - 8:00 pm
8Events on April 8, 2014
- Public Health Film Series: Screening of "More Than Honey"Starts: 5:00 pmEnds: April 8, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: Coffman Memorial Union, Washington Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, MN, United StatesCoffman Memorial Union, Washington Avenue Southeast, Minneapolis, MN, United StatesDescription: RSVP at sphalumni.umn.edu/morethanhoney
9Events on April 9, 2014
- NPHW Twitter Chat (incl. a Tweet Chat how-to session)Starts: 12:15 pmEnds: April 9, 2014 - 2:00 pmLocation: A301 MayoA301 MayoDescription: Join us for the fourth annual National Public Health Week Twitter Chat, hosted by the
- SPH Research Day: Open House & Networking ReceptionStarts: 4:00 pmEnds: April 9, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: Coffman Memorial Union Great HallCoffman Memorial Union Great HallDescription: sph.umn.edu/researchday for more info and to register to attend.
10Events on April 10, 2014
- Health Disparities RoundtableStarts: 9:00 amEnds: April 10, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: Coffman Memorial Union TheaterCoffman Memorial Union TheaterDescription: sphalumni.umn.edu/healthdisparities
"Improving Access to Mental Health Services: The Affordable Care Act"
Free and open to
- EnHS SeminarStarts: 4:00 pmEnds: April 10, 2014 - 5:00 pmLocation: MCB 2-122MCB 2-122Description: Causal inference in observational research: The utility of genetically-informative design
Presenter: Matt McGue
- SPH Celebration of Giving & 2014 Alumni AwardsStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: April 10, 2014 - 7:30 pmLocation: McNamara Alumni Center, Southeast Oak Street, Minneapolis, MN, United StatesMcNamara Alumni Center, Southeast Oak Street, Minneapolis, MN, United StatesDescription: sphalumni.umn.edu/events
11Events on April 11, 2014
- EpiCH Division Seminar - Open to allStarts: 10:00 amEnds: April 11, 2014 - 11:00 amLocation: 364 WBOB364 WBOBDescription: “Optimizing Post-Stroke Care in the Community”
Speaker: Kamakshi Lakshminarayan, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor, SPH, Division
- Genetic Epi Club MeetingStarts: 11:00 amEnds: April 11, 2014 - 12:00 pmLocation: Moos Tower, 1-108Moos Tower, 1-108Description: Dr. Saonll Basu will discuss the paper about data mining (machine learning) approaches to detect
12 13 14Events on April 14, 2014
- Clinical Research MS defense: Young Kwon MDStarts: 11:00 amEnds: April 14, 2014 - 11:30 amLocation: West Bank Office Building, Room 405West Bank Office Building, Room 405Description: Obstructive sleep apnea and progression of coronary artery calcium
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22Events on April 22, 2014
- 2014 Obesity Prevention Center SymposiumStarts: 9:00 amEnds: April 22, 2014 - 11:30 amLocation: HHH Cowles Auditorium, 301 19th Avenue S Minneapolis, MN 55455HHH Cowles Auditorium, 301 19th Avenue S Minneapolis, MN 55455Description: The SPH Obesity Prevention Center hosts the 2014 symposium, "Federal Food Programs and the Obesity
23Events on April 23, 2014
- Intelligent Cyberinfrastructure for EpidemicsStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: April 23, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Cargill 105, St. Paul CampusCargill 105, St. Paul CampusDescription: Matteo Convertino, SPH assistant professor, presents "Do you know what is causing what and where
24 25Events on April 25, 2014
- Early Production of Cognitive Skill: Evidence From Prenatal Investments and Randomly-Assigned Child-Care PricesStarts: 12:15 pmEnds: April 25, 2014 - 1:30 pmLocation: MPC Seminar Room, Willey HallMPC Seminar Room, Willey HallDescription: Presenter(s): Aaron Sojourner (CSOM), Juan Chaparro (CSOM) and Greg Duncan (University of California-Irvine)
26 27 28 29 30Events on April 30, 2014
- Clinical Research MS defense: Pamela R. Portschy, M.D.Starts: 3:00 pmEnds: April 30, 2014 - 3:30 pmLocation: Moos Tower room 11-207 (Discovery Room)Moos Tower room 11-207 (Discovery Room)Description: Title:
Survival Outcomes after Contralateral Prophylactic Mastectomy: A Decision Analysis
Contralateral prophylactic mastectomy (CPM)
School of Public Health