Summer Public Health Institute 2014
May 27 – June 13, 2014
Registration is now open. If you are a graduate student go directly to www.onestop.umn.edu to register. For additional information or how to register for Professional Continuing Education, please see the Registration Instructions tabs on the left.
The Summer Public Health Institute, now in its 13th year, offers courses for students and practice professionals in public health and related fields. Participants can build or expand their professional expertise, learn best practices, broaden career options, network with other professionals or explore a new area of interest. Courses are intensive, highly interactive and applications based with opportunities for field trips, case studies, hands-on labs and simulations.
Who Should Attend
- Graduate students in public health, medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing, dentistry, public affairs, law, social work, pharmacy, public policy, global health, agricultural, food and environmental sciences
- Practice professionals in public health and other health and human service organizations; city, county, state and federal government agencies; private-sector businesses and industry
Watch the videos below to find out about some of the PHI 2014 courses including:
- Data Driven Decision Making and Applied Critical Thinking in the Workforce
- Design, Conduct, and Evaluate Public Health Preparedness Exercises
- Topics in Infectious Disease: Rabies
- Language and Culture: A Spanish Immersion Course for Students & Practitioners in Health Sciences
Or view 2013 course description videos.
Special Events and Guest Lectures
Career Seminars (pizza lunch provided)
Barbara LaPorte, Director and Darren Kaltved, Counselor, Career Services Center, School of Public Health
May 28 and June 4, 12-1 p.m.
Public Health Institute Farewell Lunch
June 13, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Public Health is a Team Sport: The Power of Collaboration
Coffman Memorial Union – Mississippi Room
Participants must be enrolled in a Master of Public Health degree program in the Public Health Practice major in the University of Minnesota School of Public Health
PubH 6299 Section 101 Class 84140
June 6 5:00-8:30 p.m.
June 7 10:15 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Katherine Waters, DVM, MPH, DACVPM, Area Program Leader, University of Minnesota Extension; Director, Executive Program in Public Health Practice, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota